Subject: SEP Regulation – Support for Continued Progress Toward a Fair and Predictable Licensing Framework
From: "Sironi, Valeria" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Strat Comm EMEA FGA_team" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2025 16:24:24 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Ms. Tanoder,

Thank you for our conversation just now.

As noted, we are reaching out on behalf of several industrial sectors, 
including smart meters, road transport infrastructure, medical devices, and 
healthcare services, to express our deep concern over the decision by the 
European Commission to potentially withdraw the SEP Regulation from its 2025 
Work Programme.

The proposed withdrawal would undermine efforts to establish a transparent, 
efficient, and predictable SEP licensing framework — one that is essential 
not only for the automotive sector, but for all industries adopting 
connectivity standards including 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, and emerging IoT 
technologies. This is a significant issue for European SMEs, as they were 
counting on this regulation to ensure fairer licensing practices.

We therefore would like to kindly request that you convey your opposition to 
the withdrawal to the European Commission during the next meeting of the 
Competitiveness Council on 22 May.

We are sharing the attached letter, now updated to include additional 
signatures from a diverse group of companies and associations. We remain at 
your disposal for any further discussions.

Kindest regards,

Valeria

Valeria Sironi

Strategic Communications

FTI Consulting

+32 478795413 M | +39 3315912273 M

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Confidentiality Notice:
This email and any attachments may be confidential and protected by legal 
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any 
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the e-mail or any attachment is 
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us 
immediately by replying to the sender and then delete this copy and the 
reply from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.